Why Work Out?
No matter what your body size or shape — thin or thick, old or young — you can benefit from regular exercise. The benefits, which extend beyond weight loss, include:
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Decreased blood pressure
- Reduced risk of cancer
- Increased metabolism
- Improved physical balance
- Increased insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance
- Improved mental health and reduced stress
- Weight loss and weight-gain prevention
Special benefits for women
- Increased bone density (and decrease or reversal of bone loss)
- Reduced risk of all female cancers
Writer: Bastyr Staff Writer
Take the next step to reaching and/or maintaining your healthy weight. Make an appointment today.
Or browse more Health Conditions and Concerns.