Gear up for Cold and Flu Season
Looking to avoid colds and the flu this year? Try the following:
- Get plenty of sleep — regularly!
- Take a multivitamin and extra vitamin C with bioflavanoids.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables to get plenty of antioxidants, or supplement with vitamin A, beta carotene, selenium and green tea.
- Take zinc supplements and/or a calcium supplement that includes zinc.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get adequate protein.
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid becoming over-stressed.
- Take an immune-system booster such as "Astra-8" or another formulation of reishi and/or shiitake mushrooms and astragalus. These herbs are tonifying, which means they strengthen your system over time.
And, if you do develop cold or flu symptoms, you can stimulate your body with natural remedies such as echinacea and/or goldenseal to stop an infection in its tracks or to shorten its duration.
Writer: Sydney Maupin, Staff Writer
To prevent and treat your cold and/or flu naturally, make an appointment today.
Or browse more Health Conditions and Concerns.