Oatmeal Apple-Spice Muffins
Servings: 6-8 muffins
Time: 35-40 minutes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp. Salt
3 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
2 tsp. Cinnamon
¼ tsp stevioside
¾ cup milk or soy milk
¼ cup oil (or ¼ cup applesauce)
1 medium apple cored and coarsely chopped
¾ cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees.
2. Mix whole wheat flour, rolled oats, Salt, baking powder, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, and stevioside ingredients thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients (egg, milk, oil, apple, and raisins).
4. Gradually add the wet to the dry mixture.
5. Spoon into oiled muffin tins.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. To keep longer than 2-3 days, store in refrigerator.