Brussel Sprouts a la Martha
Courtesy of Cynthia Lair
Anyone who says they don’t like brussel sprouts has never tasted them a la Martha! Did you know that brussel sprouts are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber and potassium? And since this recipe calls for the sprouts to be sliced, your friends may not even recognize them! Give brussel sprouts one more try! They’ll be making regular appearances on your table after this debut!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- 1/2 pound brussel sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- salt and pepper
Heat oil in skillet. Add sprouts and carrots and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add raisins and broth and simmer until tender. Add more liquid if needed. Enjoy.
Learn more about the nutrition services provided by Bastyr Center for Natural Health.
Back to recipe index.